Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mini Feast @ Fika Cafe

After we have collected our wedding bands @ Vivo City, gal wanted a mini feast. Since she has bought dining coupons for Fika Cafe, we decided to settle down for our dinner there.


Fika is a Swedish Bistro located near Haji Lane, along Beach Road. According to my gal, it was quite a popular cafe with nice food and cakes. Other then the food at Ikea, I have never tried Swedish cuisine, and all that was in my mind was the meatballs ! =p

cosy interior deco .....
I like the all white furniture.....


gal's juz so in love with picnic basket ....
I still remember i owe her one picnic trip ....


Well, the place was definitely packed !

Gal with our wedding bands.....
Another tick on our wedding checklist ....


Gal ordered a new flavor tea. Suppose to be sweet with floral taste, but it seems bitter to me instead ! Not my kind of tea. And the color of the tea was something like ribena? =s

Speaking of Swedish cuisine, the first dish that came to my mind was the Swedish Meatballs. Probably due to the influence from Ikea. I was struggling between pasta and the meatballs but i ended up ordering the meatballs, simply because I'm in a Swedish cafe.

At first, i kept thinking if i will be full, cos there were only 8 meat balls. After eating the 5th ball, I'm struggling to force the meatball down my throat. The meat balls were nice, initially. As i move on to my 4th and 5th meat balls, i started to feel quite jelat. Think i will be staying away from meatballs for quite some time.

Gal's Grilled Salmon. It was quite tasty and i like the sauce. It could be better if it is not tat dry. Believed the Salmon was slightly over-grilled, hence most of the moisture in the salmon was gone.

Gal with her Salmon .......

.......... and me with the balls ! =p

Our dinner would not be complete without the desserts. Therefore, each of us ordered a desserts. This is gal's choice. It's way to sour for me, especially the berries on the top !! =s

I love my Raspberry Cheesecake !!!! Very nice !! For definitely the choice for cheese lovers !!! From the photo, it seems to resemble a raspberry pie or ice-cream perhaps? =p

All smiles with the desserts =)

Please let me eat my cake !!! =p

No comments:

Post a Comment