Saturday, September 18, 2010

Birthday Treat @ Flutes at the Fort

It was my birthday today and my gal treated me to a brunch @ Flutes at the Fort. Struggled to wake up at 10.30am having spending the nite outside the day before till 4am.

When i meet up with my gal, all she gave me was a map, asking me to bring her to the location of the restaurant. The place was well-hidden, one would not able to spot it from the main road. It has a nice scenery, with a bit of the English Countryside feel. Along the way to the restaurant, there is a swing hanging from one of the branches. My gal simply loves swings !



As i was still "poisoned" by the 50mm lens, decided to take a risk and take all the photos using nothing but the 50mm lens. It was a gamble, simply because i do not have much practice with it, and i would wanna capture my beautiful memories. Anyway my gamble paid off, thanks to the bright light and nice background !

I was still hesitating and nervous about shooting my brunch using the 50mm lens. Gotta do a few test shots to get my settings correct. And here's one of my test shot !Simply in love with the bokeh effect.





Gal was checking out the delicious dishes that others are having ....

The birthday boy ! Gal loves the bokeh effect too and finds the short lens cute.



Somehow, the foreigners seems to blend well with the surrounding, probably due to the English Style. Gotta take this photo secretly without them noticing. Result ??? Lousy composition of the photo =s



My Duck Rillet, Mustard Fruit Chutney, Crisp Bread. The mashed duck meat was simply soft and delicious. Did not try the 2 green-looking fruit. It looks weird. And the slice of chip on top of the Duck rillet is actually the Crisp Bread.

My gal's choice for the starter, Wood Smoked Salmon, Creme Fraiche, Blinus and Bottarga. The smoked salmon was extremely fresh. And the orange items in the photo are actually slices of orange. This is my first time seeing orange been paired with salmon.



Gal trying to take photos of the food....





My main, Eggs Benedict with Toasted Muffin. The Eggs Benedict here has little sauce over the muffin and eggs. And that's probably why when the eggs burst open, the taste of the egg yolk. Still prefer the Eggs Benedict from Spruce than this one.

My gal's Beer Battered Fish with Home-made Wedges and Tartare Sauce. both of us love the beer battered fish. It was serves in 3 strips of battered fish instead of one big piece of fish. Thumbs up for this dish. It was not too oily too !







It desserts time. Both desserts were recommended by the waiter, with me getting the Flourless Chocolate Cake with strawberry and vanilla ice-cream

My gal's Bread and Butter Pudding with Custard Sauce. Not the same Bread pudding that you will find outside. Delicious !



My ice-cream is melting...... =(

There were coffees too, comes with the brunch



Nice Scenery !!

Somtimes imperfection is gd !

This is the original photo without any editing at all. Though it seems to be slightly over-expose, some people may feels it's not a good shot. For me, the photo looks vintage. This is defintiely a place with pretty good food and ambience, a good place to spend ur afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment