Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Celebration at Ma Maison

It Mother's Day and we suggested to bring treat Mum to a dinner at Ma Maison. It was a pretty last minute decision to settle down at Ma Maison, hence we did not manage to make any reservation.

Luckily, we were able to get a table after around 20 mins of wait.


Ma Maison has a nice english cottage interior design

my parents ....

my bro kept avoiding the camera .......

........ but he gave up eventually to let me take a photo of him =p



The Scallop Carpaccio. Not sure if I got the name right. One of the four starters for the nite. Fresh scallops paired with nice salad and ponzu sauce. It was gone within the first few minutes.

Another salad for the nite, Chasoba Salad. Weird for a meat lover, but I did not regret ordering this. Chasoba and salad may seems to be a weird pairing at first, but all the doubts disappeared after eating! The salad, dressing and the chasoba blends perfectly.

It's a dish that can both be an appetizer or a main.

The Baked Potato with cheese. It was gone before I knew it and all was left for me was the remaining cheese on the pan. I bet it was nice =(

The Escargots !!! One of the must-tries in Ma Maison ! The escargots cooked with olive oil and garlic was simply tender and delicious ! Ordered this for my parents and brother to try. All of them were quite afraid to try at first after knowing that they were snails, especially my timid brother !

Kept persuading my brother to give it a try and trying to convince him how nice it is. He finally gave it a shot and was surprised that it is so yummy. Haha, in the end he ate 2 of them and wanted more !

My brother's Hamburger Steak with cheese.

My Mum's surprisingly delicious Carbonara Ma Maison Style Pasta. It was not the usual wet, creamy sauce which is quite "Jelat" to me, and the portion was quite big. Though from the photo it looks like some fried hokkien mee, but they did a good job in cooking this.

Gal loves the pasta too !

My Dad's Seafood Baked Rice .... Lots of cheese !! =p





My Gal and I ordered the Paella (Spanish Rice). This was perhaps the only disappointing dish for the nice. Some of the seafood was not really fresh and the rice was pretty tasteless.

We never have a pleasant Paella experience to date, maybe we should refrain from ordering it again, unless we are in a Spanish Restaurant.

All of us had a gd dinner and we head for some shopping after our dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment