Friday, February 3, 2012

Dim Sum Feast @ Rui Chun



It's Friday nite and Gal was craving for dim sum. Usually we would go to Wan Dou Sek to satisfy our cravings, but this time round, we decide to give Rui Chun a try.
 
Armed with my LX3, we began our Dim Sum exploration. We have been hearing positive things about Rui Chun, and hoped it would be nice.



They have a wide variety of dim sum compared to Wan Dou Sek.
Spoiled for choice and everything looks nice!

I am not taking photo of ya .... =x



Personally, I prefer Wan Dou Sek's than Rui Chun's. This was pretty dry, and the fillings were not fragrant as well.

This is one of their signature dish.
Not too bad and quite creative!
The mee suan on top goes well with the carrot cake.

The Drunken Chicken. I would have given a few more points if the chicken was boneless. It had a strong wine taste and the chicken meat was quite tough too.



Xiao Long Bao! Not having high expectation for this. It was pipping hot and the portion of the fillings were quite generous. The dumplings did contain some soup, but it wasn't tasty.





where's my char siew????

Har Gow taste pretty normal too

This was one of my favorite dish for the night, Layer Pancake with Egg & Meat Floss!
I think i had 6 pieces in total! =p

Crispy Egg Plant with Meat Floss. I do not like Egg Plant but this totally changed me. The egg plant was fried and lightly salted, and together with the meat floss, it was delicious!







The custard was pipping hot and it was in semi-liquid state.
Would be nicer if the taste is richer.
Or was it me who prefer strong taste? =x

The dinner was damn full! We had actually ordered 9 different dishes for the night! Despite having more variety of dim sum, I would still prefer to go to Wan Dou Sek. Probably would not be back anytime soon as there are more dim sum places that we would like to try!

And I still love my LX3, the photos still look great! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment